Did You Know?!
In a 2011, a US National Safety Council report stated that choking caused 4,500 deaths (amongst all ages) in the United States in 2009.[Ref:46]
Toddlers (especially two-year-old boys) tend to explore their environments by putting things in their mouths. A 4 mm diameter chunk of crayon was inhaled and became lodged in a toddler’s bronchus. It was removed with the “Vancouver” forceps, which was designed to remove very small bronchial foreign bodies. The final image displays the “Vancouver” forceps, below a standard optical “Peanut” forceps.