Did You Know?!
In a 2011, a US National Safety Council report stated that choking caused 4,500 deaths (amongst all ages) in the United States in 2009.[Ref:46]
A young child had a coughing fit right after a molar had been extracted. He left the dentist’s office believing that he had swallowed the molar. 12 days later, fever and worsening cough prompted him to visit the Emergency Room. The molar was removed from the right main bronchus with a rigid bronchoscope and an optical “toothed” forceps.[Ref:12]