Did You Know?!
In a 2011, a US National Safety Council report stated that choking caused 4,500 deaths (amongst all ages) in the United States in 2009.[Ref:46]
Disc batteries can burn through the esophagus in as little as 2 hours and become lethal.
After suspected disc battery ingestion, give the patient honey as soon as possible (then seek urgent medical attention in the closest Emergency Room).
Please do NOT give honey to children under one year of age (because of the risk of Botulism).[Ref:54]
Please keep disc batteries out of reach of toddlers and young children.
Disc batteries may look like a coin on an Xray, but need to be removed much more urgently than a coin.